Grinalda de verão com motivos maritimos



Striped Summer Wreath

striped summer wreath

 My front door is usually bare in the summer, because I haven’t found a summer wreath that I love.  I wanted to DIY one, so I after thinking about it, my Stiped Summer Wreath idea was born.   I decided that navy blue and white stripes really say summer to me.
I looked at different materials in various craft stores to use for the stripes and couldn’t find anything I liked that wouldn’t cost a small fortune.  I remembered I had a striped shirt in my closet that I never wear (horizontal stripes really aren’t flattering!).  It was the right colors, and it wouldn’t cost me anything, so that it what I ended up using.
You will also need a foam wreath ( I used a 16″) , and a hot glue gun.  I used jute (twine) trim detail as well.
supplies

I cut the shirt up along the stripes and then into smaller pieces to wrap around the wreath.  Wrapping the strips around the wreath was the hardest part, because the fabric is straight and the wreath is round.  There were some spots that were hard to get to meet up perfectly.
blue and white stripes


I secured the strips of fabric with hot glue on the back side of the wreath.
summer accessories

I added the jute trim to cover where the lines meet.  As I mentioned,  they weren’t perfect (nothing I do ever is).  It works because it adds to the summery look.
blue and white striped wreath

The whole project only took about an hour. The only thing I had to buy for this project was the wreath.
blue and white summer wreath






Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário